While not usually a sign of serious condition, tension headaches can interfere a great deal with your quality of life as they can be quite painful.
They are often recurring and mainly accompany stress or sleep deprivation.
Tension headaches can also result from exposure to excessive glare as well as muscle strain due to poor posture or teeth grinding.
- constant pain; not throbbing
- aching at temples
- back of head and neck may also experience pain or pressure
- pain or pressure is felt on both sides of the head
- mild to moderate pain
- possible sensitivity to light and sound
- often experienced at time of stress
- recurring, especially during stress filled periods
- duration 30 minutes to several days